- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Many of us coaches and owners get people that are just stuck in a rut. It’s very common. They’ve listened to all the claims made by “professionals” promising fast results through fad diets and exercises. They’re tried all the globo gyms, used all the fancy workout machines. Nothing’s getting them the results they want. They’re tired of playing it safe. They realize that what they want is going to take some extra effort, TrueFit is there to help you take that first step and go the distance to get you the results you want.
- Improved Self Confidence
- Okay, so you’ve stepped out of your comfort zone. You’ve signed up at a Crossfit box….but you’re still freaking out (or maybe just hesitant)! “What in the world did I just do?” “I can’t do that stuff!” No worries, you’re good. Believe me when I say you’re not alone. As owners and coaches, we see it all the time. A new member who joins, does not think they can do Crossfit (or any of the moves), and through the training and coaching they soon realize that they actually can! Once this happens we can physically see the confidence grow and we love it. Quality of life will improve, you will feel better about yourself, you’ll make better life decisions, and you’ll take on new challenges!
- Making New Friends
- If you ask anyone at a Crossfit gym one of the first things they’ll tell you about is the community and camaraderie. These communities at Crossfit gyms are so impactful that you now have the rest of the fitness industry trying to play catch-up. People no longer want to walk into a gym, sign in, workout, and leave with little to no human interaction. It’s boring and it sucks. In this modern age of technology, the human element has been lost. People want to converse; they want to interact. When you join a Crossfit gym you are immediately introduced and included in a new support group. A support group that soon becomes close friends, and in some occasions, like family. When Crossfit came about, the science community was baffled by the physical results Crossfit athletes were achieving. Part of it was because of the science behind the training, but the vast majority of it? It comes from the community you’re surrounded by.
- What’s better than dealing with a stressful day and going to the gym knowing you’ll be able to work your ass off with some good friends? Not much (minus not having the stress to begin with), but I see it with myself, my members, and at all other Crossfit gyms: you want to come in, blow off some steam, and leave all your stress at the gym. Crossfit gyms are perhaps the best source for that. Everyone’s been there, we all know where you’re at. Come in and leave it all behind!
- You Can Eat Carbs And Fat!
- Yes! You read that right. Now, I’m not talking about refined carbs, sugars, a pizza every night, and a gallon of ice cream (although that would be nice), but you need carbs and fat. Not just in Crossfit, but in life. Trust me when I say, a low-carb diet does not go hand-in-hand with Crossfit. That’s not to say those on a low-carb diet can’t do Crossfit. It’s to say you need (i.e. you’ll be able to eat) carbs when doing Crossfit. Your body NEEDS it!
- It’s For Everyone!
- People have this misconception that TrueFit is only for “fit”, “in-shape”, “young”, and “athletic” people. WRONG! The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ only by degree, not by kind. The TrueFit program is designed for universal scalability, making it the perfect application for any individual, regardless of experience.